Each year, another national pellet association will host the European Pellet Forum in its home country. This years second forum will be hosted by our member Propellet France. The French wood pellet association.
The European Pellet Council (EPC) is the voice of the wood pellet sector in Europe. Its members are national pellet associations or related organisations from 17 countries. EPC was founded in 2010 and is a network of Bioenergy Europe.
EPC is the platform of the European pellet sector dedicated to solving the issues attached to the transition from a niche product to a major energy commodity. These issues include the standardisation and certification of pellet quality, safety, security of supply, education and training, and the quality of pellet-using devices.
In this regard, EPC is coordinating the development of ENplus® quality certification and is constantly adapting this system according to market needs (e.g. certification of industrial pellets, sustainability aspects, etc.).
Pellets will become a leading source of renewable energy in Europe, providing a credible solution for people and businesses as a standardised commodity. Pellets are seen as an environmentally benign product delivering added value to energy use in a well-functioning market.
- To PROMOTE, deepen and spread knowledge about the use of wood pellets for energy production;
- To ADVOCATE towards EU decision-makers the opportunities and concerns about the development of the pellet market in Europe;
- To ensure and improve the QUALITY of the pellet sector by offering certification schemes, training and information on quality;
- To improve pellet MARKET INTELLIGENCE in order to foster its sustainable development;
- To encourage and facilitate NETWORKING between national associations.